Celebrate the 11th Anniversary of Paradise Ride Kauai and one of the most popular cycling events on island. Anniversaries are a chance to reflect on the past and look to the future. We are celebrating with some things that are tried and true, popular activities brought back from the past and many new things to enjoy. The feedback from the riders and safety issues have prompted changes to this year’s schedule.
A Peek into Paradise Ride 2016
- South on Saturday and North on Sunday.
- SAG vehicles, route angels, a nurse and bike mechanic will be there to support you and cheer you on.
- Pedal your way there and back. Ride half way as far as you intend to go and pedal yourself back to Island School. No bike or rider shuttle service provided. Contact the ride director if there are some circumstances: PRK@malama-pono.org.
- No set lunchtime. At turn around points you can relax awhile as you enjoy the substantial snacks or grab your food and go.
- Breakfast provided by Courtyard Coconut Coast
- Lunch provided by Kauai Coffee Company on Day 1 & Olympic Cafe on day 2
- Mahalo dinner provided by Courtyard Coconut Coast Sunday August 7th
The Rest Stops
- Great volunteers to greet you, to cheer you on and to supply you with food and drink.
- Rest stop competition returns at the request of last year’s riders.
- Snack suggestions have been heard and we will strive to fulfill them.
- Food, Program, Community Building and Awards.
- Dinner will be on Sunday evening.
- Show the Aloha Spirit; get to know our visitors and new riders.
- Fund raising numbers for the awards due at registration.
- Local entertainment with Greenstone Project headlining!
- Massage Therapist available on the beach at Courtyard Coconut Coast
- Showers available at Courtyard Coconut Coast
- Discounted Hotel Stay
- Free entrance to the Mahalo dinner and entertainment
- Do what you enjoy, BIKE, as you help Malama Pono Health Services to help our Kauai Community.